Order of the Chivalry
The Peerage Orders of Lochac seek to exemplify and promote the virtues of Service, Creativity and Chivalry, for if any of these are lacking the Kingdom fails.
Candidates invited to join the Order may choose to join as one of two kinds of members: Knights, who swear perpetual fealty to the Crown and Kingdom on their elevation, and Masters/Mistresses of Arms, who do not. Members of the Order are usually summoned in court to reaffirm their vow to each new Crown. So far, all members of the Lochac order have been created Knights (KSCA).
As a council, the Order acts as a consultative body to The Crown, whose duties are defined by Corpora as follows:
- To set an example of courtesy and chivalrous conduct on and off the field of honour.
- To respect the Crown of the Kingdom; to support and uphold the laws of the Kingdom and Corpora.
- To enrich the Kingdom by sharing his or her knowledge and skills.
- To support and uphold the Crown of his or her Kingdom.
- To enhance the renown and defend the honour of the peer’s Lady or Lord.
- To advise the Crown on the advancement of candidates for the Chivalry.
- To bestow the Accolade of Knighthood upon a candidate for the Order of Knighthood, as the sole right as Sovereign or acting directly for the Sovereign, for only a Knight can create a Knight.
The Order has a website and an Email address that is answered by the Clerk of the Order. Any recommendations for membership in the Order should be addressed to the clerk, and to the Crown.
It is the Ancient Tradition of the Order that it is the solemn duty of the newest-made member of the Order to provide refreshing beverages at council meetings.